Sunday, February 2, 2014

TEAM 113 - MIRACLE MARE


I have been riding since before I can remember, I conditioned endurance horses for my friend's mom and started racing the summer before my senior year of high school. After college I had a short USAF career, got married and had kids. I didn't give up my horse, but I did give up competing and a lot of ride time. November 2011 I bought my endurance mare and have been training and conditioning her to start racing. Last year we started with LDs and this year we plan to move up to 50 milers.

This year is my mare's first big year of racing. Last spring she had a stifle injury that almost crippled her and she recovered miraculously in months to compete and place in the top 5 in 2 LDs. Taking part in the Michigan Distance Derby will keep me accountable in training and conditioning and it will be fun to see where we sit with others in the state as far as conditioning.

No comments:

Post a Comment