Monday, January 20, 2014

TEAM 69 - SIDETRAX STABLES


I love to ride and I have the horses to do it..I never understood having them and NOT riding. I often hear "you ride more than anyone I know.." especially as I am heading off down the road on a cold snowy day, bundled from head to toe, with only my eyes showing.

My team will consist of mostly myself and my 6yo APHA mare, Reys Boston Classic (Micah); however, I will also use my 16 yo mare, Kahlua (KT Rodger's Cookie AQHA/IBHA), who I use with the Mounted Sheriffs Division, and Dewey, (9yo pony-draft), Jersey (2 yo Hackney-Welsh), Dino (4 yo spotted saddle), and Remington (8 yo quarter pony). 


I always do well when I am striving for a goal or am accountable to someone. I think the Michigan Distance Derby will add to my already large amount of riding and give me incentive to work more with each of my horses.

3 comments:

  1. January 20, 2014
    Micah was my horse of choice for this ride. It was pretty darn cold and I rode at dusk. Had to ride in the hay Quonset due to snow and temperatures. It got dark fast - note to self: get lights in hay Quonset. Did some riding in the barnyard and round pen too. GPS map looks funny because of the small circles I had to ride :)

    Distance: 0.70
    Distance to date: 0.70

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Tricia, thanks for posting the info, this is going to be fun :)

      Delete
  2. Jan 25, 2014
    Believe it or not we are trying to get out in this mess and get some ride time in! Micah and I rode mostly in the hay Quonset again then through the pasture and started down the road when her feet began slipping...so we turned around. In an hour we got in:
    Distance: 2.59 miles
    Distance to date: 3.29 miles

    ReplyDelete