Friday, January 24, 2014

TEAM 87 - I GOTTA P


I have had a rough start with horses in my younger years and not sure why I continued to keep riding with all the bad things that happened. I have been on and off riding for about 22 years and starting riding with my cousins. We all just helped each other out on what we thought was the correct thing to do. Never did we really know a thing about riding, we just rode.

When I had my son I thought I would get back into horses so that he could enjoy them with me. So now I have two Haflingers, Belle, who is my sons horse. She rides and drives. Also, Ziggy. She is 15 and I mainly ride her only, but also drives. I have learned so much in my adult years and hope to always learn more. I am only into trail riding and never wanted to do any showing. We keep our horses at our home and enjoy always being able to see them on our small farm. I am looking into buying a gaited horse for the first time, because I am wanting to do more riding and to cover more ground doing it.


I want to join the MDD because this year I wanted to track my rides anyway and this will make me work harder to do it. I ride with lots of friends and hoping that they will help me as well. I think the MDD is a great idea and new way to meet new people. I have two goals this year. The first one, is to go to new places that I have never been before, which shouldn't be to hard, but here is trying. The second is to try to find a new ride so that I can see the country side a little faster.

3 comments:

  1. 1-24-14 So glad that I made it in the race. Can't wait to get going with this riding. Have to wait tho, weather is well below 0 and I know Ziggy and Belle would not be to happy to be out in this, nor am I.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 2-16-14 Got my first ride in. I entered my mileage now hoping I did it correctly. Dist. 1.93 miles, total time 45.53, moving time 41.02, avg speed 2053, avg moving speed 2.83, max speed 3.36. Temp was 25 degrees and cloudy. I rode Ziggy while Buc rode Belle. Around 4:15 to 5:30pm. Lots of snow on the ground. When Buc rode Belle in the yard, his feet would hit the snow. All the roads were still covered. We just rode around Clear Lake Roads today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 3-10-14 2nd ride. Dist 3.68, total time 1.19.40, moving time 1.15.57, avg speed 2.77, avg moving speed 2.91, max speed 4.99 evelvation 600-850, Temp was around 50 degrees. I rode Ziggy and Ty rode Belle to Warren woods and back and then I worked Ziggy on trying to get her to go down the road by herself. She did great even tho she didn't want to go. Total miles to date is 5.61. Great day.

    ReplyDelete