Saturday, January 11, 2014

TEAM 3 - KALE’S TRAILS



My name is Sarah and I am 18 years old. We live in West Michigan. Over the years I have had several horses as I ride the old seniors who are retired from heavier riding. A very nice man gave me Kale (a 21 year old buckskin Quarter/Arab gelding) last summer. Kale has ridden the Shore to Shore ride in Michigan many times and is a very experienced trail horse.

I have learned a lot of trail riding skills with Kale already. He hardly ever spooks and he loves attention. He even self loads into our trailer. Kale will lead or follow and even trail ride by himself.

My goal is to ride at least 150 miles this year with my mom (Team Ottakee Acres) and sister (team Nikota's Rock'n Dakota) and maybe some friends. I just don't like riding when it is very cold and I get lots of snow down my back. My favorite place to ride is Bass River in Ottawa County.

2 comments: