Thursday, January 16, 2014

TEAM 44 - LADY BIRD


Grew up on Mackinac Island and have been riding horses for 20 years. Competed in local shoes for 11 years. I have been driving horses for 6 years on our farm and on Mackinac Island driving a taxi. I have ridden Western my whole life. Really enjoy doing ground work and training young horses! 

I joined the derby because I want to get back into riding daily and start showing at our local shows again. I also want to build on the relationship my horse and I have.

8 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lady and I went for a 2.08 mile ride today 1/17/14 mostly through deep snow

      Delete
  2. Congrats on your first miles as part of the MDD!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Beautiful weather up here in the UP!

      Delete
  3. Went for a great ride after lunch with the hubby!
    2.15 making total mileage 4.23 as of 1/17/14

    ReplyDelete
  4. 1/18/14 1.41 miles
    total miles as of 1/18/14 are 5.64

    Beautiful morning up north for a ride 17 degrees and sunny!

    ReplyDelete
  5. 1/20/14 1.59 miles
    Total miles as of 1/20/14 7.23 miles

    Sunny and very cold ride hoping for armer riding tomorrow! :-) only 7degrees and windy out today.

    ReplyDelete
  6. 1/23/14 5.53 miles
    total miles as of 1/23/14 12.76

    2 degrees out today but it was sunny and hardly windy at all! Lady and I had a wonderful ride and I discovered she still needs plenty of miles put on her as she was a little spit-fire today! Cant wait for spring to start working her in the pasture!

    ReplyDelete