Wednesday, January 29, 2014

TEAM 99 - EQUINE EXPRESSIONS


I started out on my first pony when I was 9 years old. I have shown horses in Reining, Speed classes, and Western saddle classes all over Michigan in the past. I now prefer to trail ride with my equine and horsey friends.

I have been a riding instructor for the American Association of Riding Schools for over 10 years. I enjoy trail riding with my friends and students, so when I heard of the Michigan Distance Derby I signed up. I have never tracked my time in the saddle and this is great opportunity to so. I plan on riding my black Tennessee Walker "Lance". I inherited him after my dad passed away. I also inherited a mule that I named Herman's "Pride" since my dad always appreciated a good mule. When I'm not on the trails or working giving lessons or pony rides I like to express my interest through art. That's how I came up with the team name "Equine Expressions", since horses and horse related images are my main subject matter. I am nearly finished earning my degree in Associates in Fine Art.

No comments:

Post a Comment