Thursday, January 30, 2014

TEAM 106 - DJ AND MICKEY


Hi, my name is Daryle but I like to go by DJ and I am 11 years old. I rode a horse for the first time when I was 5 years old; and really liked the experience. After that first ride, my mom signed me up for 4-H in our county. That was about five years ago. Now, I have my own horse and his name is Mickey; and we do Western Pleasure, Speed, and Trail in 4-H; and will try ROC-Roping & Obstacle Course this year. One of the disciplines that I hope to do with Mickey is reining; since he is a trained reining horse.

My mom dragged me out on the trails with her one time; and I thought it was pretty cool. We have ridden our horses for hours on the trails. One of the trail rides I really like is when we go to Hungerford in Big Rapids and ride our horses to the Woodville Store for their fried pickles.

I like to ride with other kids my age when mom meets up with her friends and they bring kids with them. We also go camping with our horses and bring my cousins along with us; who now are horse riders too.


I plan to join my mom who is also in the MDD on the trails whenever possible so I can keep a track of my trail miles. We will probably do a lot of riding at Hungerford in Big Rapids and D Bar D in Chase, Michigan.

We also want to accomplish the Shore to Shore ride one year.

No comments:

Post a Comment